Personal information means information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
We will not collect sensitive information such as your race, religion, beliefs, sexual preference, health or criminal records, or details of your political, professional or trade associations, except where you have consented or as permitted under the Privacy Laws.
Collection of personal information
- are a purchaser or prospective purchaser of a property – we will collect your name, age, address, contact details, details of the property that you are interested in or have agreed to purchase (such as the location and size of the property and the design and specifications of the dwelling), what prompted you to inspect the project, how you heard about us, details of price points and dwelling types you are interested in (eg one bedroom or two bedroom) and whether you are an owner-occupier or investor. If you are purchasing from us, we will also collect a copy of your passport or driver’s licence (to verify your identity), confirm whether you are an Australian resident and record the terms of your contract (including price), payment details, information relating to your financing arrangements (such as your bank details and how much money you are borrowing) and contact details for your authorised representatives (such as your lawyer)
- are a supplier to us – we will collect your name and contact details, details about the goods or services you supply and payment details
- send us an enquiry, complete an enquiry form, complete a registration of interest or provide us with feedback, we may collect your name, contact details, details of your enquiry or feedback and information about our response
- fill in a contact form at one of our display suites – we will collect your name, age, address, contact details, details of the properties you are interested in (including price ranges), what prompted you to inspect the project, whether you are an owner occupier or investor and how your heard about us or the relevant property development
- participate in market research or surveys conducted by us or on our behalf – we will collect your name, address, contact details and details of your responses to the research questions you answer
- ask us to send you information about our developments or other products and services – we will collect your name, address, contact details, details of the properties you are interested in and how you heard about us or the relevant property development
- apply for a job with us, we will collect the information you include in your job application, including your cover letter, resume, contact details and referee reports
- submit your entry for our promotions or offers, we may collect your name, contact details, and details submitted with your entry response
Methods of collection
- in person (for example, if you visit our head office or development, or at events or at conferences)
- through our website
- through our social media pages
- over the telephone
- through written correspondence (such as letters and emails)
- on hard copy forms (for example, contracts of sale, enquiry forms and surveys)
- through surveillance cameras at our corporate premises and on some of our display suites or development sites
- from third parties, including:
- your representatives, including your lawyers, financiers and other authorised agents
- the Land Titles Office
- relevant State and Territory Valuers General
- our sales agents
- other real estate agents
- the Australian Securities and Investment Commission
- mortgage brokers and/or financial service providers
Where we collect personal information about you, we will take reasonable steps to provide you with certain details about that collection (such as the purpose for which we are collecting the information and the type of third parties to which it is usually disclosed). We will generally include this information in a collection notice.
Use and disclosure of personal information
We will only use or disclose personal information for the purpose for which it was collected or in accordance with the Privacy Laws (for example, where you have consented, or where you would reasonably expect this to occur.)
- designing, engineering, constructing and delivering our developments
- outlining our development products and services to prospective and existing purchasers
- processing transactions for the sale of land and/or houses
- obtaining finance for our developments
- providing you with information that you have requested
- processing any applicable payments
- promoting ourselves and our products and services, including through direct marketing, events and competitions
- obtaining products and services for our business
- performing research and statistical analysis, including for customer satisfaction and service improvement purposes
- protecting the security of our offices, staff, customers and the property held on our premises
- complying with legal and regulatory obligations
- answering queries and resolving complaints
- recruiting staff and contractors
- responsible authorities, such as local councils and water authorities
- builders and their housing consultants
- the Land Titles Office
- relevant State and Territory Valuers General
- real estate agents
- Australian Securities and Investment Commission
- financiers and prospective financiers
- financial institutions for payment processing
- an individual’s agent or authorised representative
- referees whose details are provided to us by job applicants
- our contracted service providers
In each case, we may disclose personal information to the service provider and the service provider may in turn provide us with personal information collected from you in the course of providing the relevant products or services.
Cross border disclosure of personal information
We may disclose personal information to our related bodies corporate and third party suppliers and service providers located overseas.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach the Australian Privacy Principles in relation to your personal information.
We may use or disclose your personal information to let you know about us and our products and services (including promotions, competitions, special offers and events) and the products and services of third parties (for example, in relation to house and land packages), either where we have your express or implied consent, or where we are otherwise permitted by law to do so. We may contact you for these purposes in a variety of ways, including by mail, email, SMS, telephone and facsimile.
- contacting us
- advising us if you receive a marketing call that you no longer wish to receive these calls
- using the unsubscribe facility that we include in our electronic messages (such as emails, SMS and MMS),
Site visit information
We may record your server address, the date and time of your visit, the pages you visited, any documents you downloaded, the previous site you visited and the type of device, browser and operating system you used.
We may use and disclose this anonymous information, for purposes including statistical analysis and to assist us to improve the functionality and usability of our website. Although you are not individually identified, we reserve the right to use or disclose this information to try to locate an individual where we reasonably believe that the individual may have engaged in any unlawful or inappropriate activity in connection with our website, or where we are otherwise required or authorised by law to do so.
A cookie is a small string of information that a website transfers to your browser for identification purposes. The cookies we use do not identify individual users, although they may identify the user’s internet browser.
Most internet browsers are set to accept cookies. If you prefer not to receive them, you can adjust your internet browser to reject cookies, or to notify you when they are being used. There are also software products available that can manage cookies for you. Rejecting cookies can, however, limit the functionality of our website.
Online Behavioural Advertising
We use advertising programs that place cookies on your computer to collect information about your browsing history (including on external websites). This information, which does not identify you personally, is collected in order to improve your online experience by customising the advertising you see to your interests (including the display of more relevant ads on external websites). You can opt out of these programs at any time by clicking here.
Security of personal information
We will endeavour to maintain a secure system for storing personal information. Technological and operational policies and procedures are in place to protect personal information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised modification or disclosure. We will dispose of personal information where it is no longer necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the information was collected or as required by law.
Where lawful and practicable, we will give you the option of not identifying yourself when supplying information or entering into transactions with the company.
Access to personal information
Subject to some exceptions that are set out in the Privacy Laws, you may access any personal information we hold about you. To do so, please contact us and we will respond to your request as soon as possible. A handling fee may be payable so that we can obtain the information you require.
Changing personal information
If you believe that your personal information is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, you may write to us and make a request to correct the information. Your request will be dealt with in accordance with the Privacy Laws.
If you feel aggrieved by our handling of your personal information, you may make a complaint to the Officer responsible for Privacy, Peter Bozzo (email@example.com). Your complaint will be investigated as soon as possible and you will be provided with a written response. Alternatively, you may make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner (although the Commissioner may decline to hear the complaint if you have not first made a complaint to Peter Bozzo (firstname.lastname@example.org)).
Additional Information on Privacy
For further information about privacy issues and the protection of privacy, visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at www.oaic.gov.au.
Updating our privacy statement
By providing your personal information to us or by using our website, you are indicating your acceptance of our current policy.